Python’s built-in function
sum() is an efficient and Pythonic way to sum a list of numeric values. Adding several numbers together is a common intermediate step in many computations, so
sum() is a pretty handy tool for a Python programmer.
As an additional and interesting use case, you can concatenate lists and tuples using
sum(), which can be convenient when you need to flatten a list of lists.
In this video course, you’ll learn how to:
- Sum numeric values by hand using general techniques and tools
- Use Python’s
sum()to add several numeric values efficiently
- Concatenate lists and tuples with
sum()to approach common summation problems
- Use appropriate values for the arguments in
- Decide between
sum()and alternative tools to sum and concatenate objects
This knowledge will help you efficiently approach and solve summation problems in your code using either
sum() or other alternative and specialized tools.
- 8 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 1 Downloadable Resource
- Accompanying Text-Based Tutorial
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion