So far on the Python Basics learning path, you’ve been working within the bounds of the Python standard library. Now it’s time to unlock packages that aren’t included with Python by default. To do that, you’ll need
Many programming languages offer a package manager that automates the process of installing, upgrading, and removing third-party packages. Python is no exception. The de facto package manager for Python is called
In this video course, you’ll learn how to:
- Install and manage third-party packages with
- Use virtual environments to separate project dependencies
- Declare requirements and re-create a development environment
- Navigate PyPI, the Python Package Index
With that knowledge as your guide, you’ll be able to confidently install packages to suit your programming needs.
This video course is part of the Python Basics series, which accompanies Python Basics: A Practical Introduction to Python 3. Note that you’ll be using IDLE to interact with Python throughout this course.
- 10 Lessons
- Video Subtitles and Full Transcripts
- 1 Downloadable Resource
- Q&A With Python Experts: Ask a Question
- Certificate of Completion
Related Learning Paths: